Our office provides several types of pulmonary testing that are useful in providing information about certain respiratory conditions.
At Owosso Medical Group the following test are performed:
- PFT-includes DLCO, FVC, SVC, MVV and Pleth. The most accurate way to measure lung volumes is by body plethysmography. For this test you sit in a clear airtight box while you perform various breathing exercises.
- MIP/MEP testing may also be added to the PFT or the spirometry for those patients who have neuromuscular disease.
- Spirometry pre/post-used to monitor the severity of lung conditions such as asthma or emphysema.
- Six-minute walk-to assess need for oxygen with ambulation.
- Bronchial provocation or methacholine Challenge-Lung function is measured after you inhale methacholine, a chemical that causes the bronchial tubes to constrict. Will see the pulmonologist following the test.
- Exercise spirometry-for those who have respi ratory symptoms with exertion to rule out exercise induced asthma.
- Nioxx-provides a quick measure of fractional exhaled nitric oxide to objectively assess airway inflammation.
Same day interpretation by an Accredited Pulmonologist.
25 Years of Professional Care, Respect, and Honor 989-723-8666 200 Health Park Drive, Owosso, Michigan 48867