Our office provides several types of pulmonary testing that are useful in providing information about certain respiratory conditions.
At Owosso Medical Group the following test are performed:
- PFT-includes DLCO, FVC, SVC, MVV and Pleth. The most accurate way to measure lung volumes is by body plethysmography. For this test you sit in a clear airtight box while you perform various breathing exercises.
- MIP/MEP testing may also be added to the PFT or the spirometry for those patients who have neuromuscular disease.
- Spirometry pre/post-used to monitor the severity of lung conditions such as asthma or emphysema.
- Six-minute walk-to assess need for oxygen with ambulation.
- Bronchial provocation or methacholine Challenge-Lung function is measured after you inhale methacholine, a chemical that causes the bronchial tubes to constrict. Will see the pulmonologist following the test.
- Exercise spirometry-for those who have respi ratory symptoms with exertion to rule out exercise induced asthma.
- Nioxx-provides a quick measure of fractional exhaled nitric oxide to objectively assess airway inflammation.
Same day interpretation by an Accredited Pulmonologist.
Dr. Azmy A. Allam, M.D., FACP, FCCP, DABSM
25 Years of Professional Care, Respect, and Honor 989-723-8666 200 Health Park Drive, Owosso, Michigan 48867